[pct-l] safety on the pct

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jan 12 10:04:47 CST 2008

_tahoe.cat at verizon.net_ (mailto:tahoe.cat at verizon.net)  writes:  "How's Your
Trail"?  I never go out on any trail without my "K-BAR"  but that is in case I
run into any Trail Pirates. I use a Hiking Stick, it has a  3 inch lag screw
sticking out of the bottom, but that is for  "STABILITY".
Switchback replies: Yes, I know a lot of people are after me.  I have  heard
that thru hikers plan around campfirs at night how they are going to get  me
after they come off the trail.  Hikers even try to get me liquored up,  so I am
more vulnerable.  I wonder WHO that would be Ground  Pounder?