[pct-l] safety on the trail

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Mon Jan 14 15:19:42 CST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 10:52 AM, Donna Saufley <dsaufley at sprynet.com> wrote:
> Don't forget John "Seabreeze" Donovan who got lost in the San Jacintos and
> died from unnamed causes (presumably hypothermia, but not confirmed).  His
> death could probably have been prevented if he had carried maps and a
> compass and knew how to use them.

Thanks for reminding me of SeaBreeze. I guess I'm getting old, to
forget such an event.

But 3 trail deaths (from falls and getting lost in weather,) and 2 in
a car accident in 11 years doesn't' seem to warrant a whole lot of
extra concern for worry about bad guys bothering you on the trail.

Which is not to say it can't happen, but I personally think there are
other things that probably deserve more attention.

All IMHO, YMMV and HYOH