[pct-l] Zeiss Monocular

virgil virgil at baloney.com
Thu Jan 17 11:56:46 CST 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 5:38:57 Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:
> Well, I finally got my new monocular today from B&H Photo.  It is  really
> nice.  It weighs 3.6 ounces with case and strap.  It is their  10X25
> monocular. It cost $284.00 plus shipping.  By the way, if you  order one
> from B&H Photo out of New York, be sure not to use the US  Mail.  Use
> another service.
>
> I went out in the backyard here in Las Vegas and pointed it toward Mt.
> Whitney.  I saw a guy using the Golden Throne on top.  Not bad viewing
> power, but I wish I had seen something else for my first use.

Not only is it powerfull, it looks backwards in time, as well, they pulled the
Golden Throne off Mt Whitney in '06. ;-)  If you're on Mt Whitney nowadays,
they want you to crap in a bag...

(sounds like a segway into a story from Squatch)

--
"I came into this game for adventure - go anywhere, travel light, get in, get
out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone."

Robert De Niro as Harry Tuttle in Brazil.