[pct-l] hygeine tips

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:24:54 CST 2008

Hi Kris

I find an easy way to get cleaned up almost every day.  I like feeling clean.

Methods:

A couple liters of water over my head and a small piece of Dr Bronner's Bar Soap(easy on the soap).
I carry my bandana in two pieces, one for cleaning.
When the water is too cold, you can carry it with you until it is warm enough or set it out in the sun.

Smaller version. A little water, a hint of soap, and a bandana swished around in a little ziplock.
If you want, set it in the sun or carry it for a while to warm it up.
A larger ziplock can be used as a washing machine for washing an article of clothing.

There's lakes and streams (though often cold) where you can take a quick dip,
from skinny dip to all your clothes on (also doing your laundry at the same time while maintaining a cool temperature until your clothes are dry).

Use your cookpot with a little water and a bandana.

Baby wipes work wonders.

Cleaning/soaking your feet often is a good idea, but, just like swiming, down stream or away from those filling water bottles.

There's some great swimming lakes (some warm), streams (one warm next to Kennedy Meadows Campground), and an aqueduct (opps, illegal :0)  ) to hop into.

ALSO a few hot springs where you can take a good long soak...................
(I hiked out to Ringbolt Hot Springs in AZ Monday............. they don't get much better)

Warner Springs Monty
(In 2004 a hiker buddy (Popcicle) tried to name me "Mr. Clean")