[pct-l] counterbalancing with water

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Jan 27 12:42:11 CST 2008

One of the innovations we’ve seen was created by Catspaw, a
thru-hiker/ultramarathon runner.  He put cages on his trekking poles, the
type used on bike frames to hold water bottles, and carried his water on his
poles.  This not only took the water weight off his body, it added weight to
the poles which gave him an upper body workout.  Upper body muscle atrophy
is a common occurrence, especially with men.

L-Rod

   _____