[pct-l] Supported vs unsupported

Jeff jolson at olc.edu
Wed Jun 11 12:53:13 CDT 2008

And even having a list of completers, or a record of any kind about
anything attached the PCT can be seen to kind of antithetical to the
whole point of HYOH.  I like the way iconic figures have emerged over
the last 10 or 15 years - Yogi and Squatch and Billy Goat and Monte
Dodge and Warner Springs Monty, for example.  I wish the roly-poly
couple I met in 1997 who were hiking the trail in week long, 25 mile
sections were on the listserv and talked about their experiences.

My opinion of course...

Jeffrey Olson
Santa Rosa, CA