[pct-l] grizz sightings

Ned Tibbits ned at mountaineducation.com
Fri Jun 13 20:07:05 CDT 2008

Thanks, Greg!  I've heard similar grizz-stalking stories that will make your
hair stand on end--and I believe them!

As Jamie at Bearvault explained to me today, a bear in the Adirondacks has
figured out how to open a single-tabbed screw-on bearvault lid because the
tab (or push-in lock) is pointed to by the orientation of the rectangular
label (and arrow) on the lid. Therefore, the BV500 comes with two locking
tabs.

If a bear can figure out how to open a canister like this, then they are
smart and are thinking, like the wolf I studied at UC Davis--he was thinking
about me!

Mtnned

For Information on Programs, previous Trips, and Photo Gallery,

Please visit: www.mountaineducation.com