[pct-l] test? - Introduction

Darren talhog at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 16:14:54 CDT 2008

Yes! finally! I have been having 'technical difficulties' (user error) making my first post. :)
As a matter of introduction.... I am new to the list. I am planning my first thru-hike (PCT 2009).
At this stage I am mostly making new gear decisions so I can get lite and I am reading anything I can get my hands on (just finished Yogi's guide). My new big 3 (shelter, pack, bag) will be lighter than my old pack empty! I have not made a final decision on my shelter yet though. The list has been very valuable for my planning so far - thanks everyone!
My dream has always been to do the AT since I went to school in Vermont but I live in California now and I think PCT is a better option for me. I love the diversity of the PCT ecosystems and close to home is cheaper and easier to plan. Maybe AT 2010!? I am planning several shakedown hikes this summer/fall to test out my new gear and my own self. I am glad I have this working now so I can contribute to these forums.
Thanks again to everyone who contributes - your advise has been most valuable.
DB