[pct-l] Tejon reroute and 138 crossing

Rob Langsdorf mctrob at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 17:57:08 CDT 2008

    A few weeks ago there was a lot of discussion about the Tejon Ranch reroute. In it I never got a clear picture as to where the trail would cross Highway 138. Would it still come off the Liebre Range at the same place, or would it go futher west on the route that the FS originally built 20-30 years ago? This route was going to take the trail near Quail Lake.

    In the Tejon Ranch promotional video they mention a new town of "Centenial" going to be located? It wasn't clear whether it is to be on I-5 or closer to Quail Lake. How far would that be from where the PCT is to cross 138?

    In all the promotional material it talked about the ranch providing 37 miles of route for the PCT. Is that all the new miles of trail that will be needed for this reroute, or is that only the portion that will be on the Tejon Ranch and more would be needed at the ends to connect the new route to the current trail?

             Rob