[pct-l] Important Update on Clover Fire Status

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri Jun 20 20:02:59 CDT 2008

Please get word out to hikers south of Kennedy Meadows that as of today, the PCT just north of Kennedy Meadows is now "restricted." Fire officials will reassess fire conditions on the trail tomorrow morning, Saturday, June 21.  They will determine whether hikers can continue through the fire, require escorts, or if the trail will be closed altogether. Officials are encouraging hikers to take either the Jackass Trail or Monache Jeep Trail as alternates around, bypassing the fire.  In the past week they have allowed hikers through in the morning hours, before 1:00 p.m.  There will be fire personnel in the KM campground and/or General Store area to communicate changes to hikers already there.  Information is also posted at the trailhead.

FYI, I have been asked to be a point of contact for information dissemination as part of a communications hub for the Sequoia National Forest and other agencies, and will do my best to pass along relevant information as I receive it.

L-Rod