[pct-l] Scary stuff ahead

Darren talhog at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 09:21:01 CDT 2008

"The Guidebook calls it "potentially lethal"."

Ya I saw that finally last night - Yikes - scary indeed. Thats a hard phrase to gauge though; it's
vague for a guidebook. Driving to work to today could be easily classified as potentially fatal.

I found a trail journal from 2000 that says there was a bad avalanche in the area that wiped out part of
the trail and left a very steep scree field - possibly that continues to be an additional factor.