[pct-l] MP3 players and hiking

Bill BillBatch at cox.net
Wed Jun 25 22:07:12 CDT 2008

I recommend you look for one that takes AAA or AA batteries.   The
rechargeable ones don’t last very long.   Good old fashion battery operated
MP3 players are tougher to find anymore, but when you do they are usually
cheap (ebay).

 RCA made a couple versions.  Like this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/RCA-512-MB-Digital-Flash-MP3-Player-New_W0QQitemZ1602543
14973QQihZ006QQcategoryZ48686QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

RCA made another model that has a memory chip slot so you can drop in a 1
gig chip and have more room than you need.  Though the one above will give
you a 100+ songs.

I used to carry some books on tape and listen to them at night under my
tarp.

Poke around ebay.   If it is powered by AAA or AA, often the auction will
read "external battery".

Pink Gumby