[pct-l] Hiker Killed on Mt. Whitney Trail

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 22:57:34 CDT 2008

>From the June 26 Inyo Register: A resident of Orange died while hiking near Mt. Whitney Sunday.  He was hiking the Mt. Whitney Trail just below Lone Pine Lake trail at about 10 AM.
I know that the trail in that area can be very hot at that time of day, since it is exposed with no shade.  I always start before sunrise to go up the trail, so I can make it over this area before the sun really hits.  He was hiking with his two adult children and brother when he collapsed.

Switchback