[pct-l] Oregon-California Border by Road

Holly Hein hollyhein at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:29:45 CST 2008

Re: Oregon Section Hiking

These are the driving directions to the OR-CA border that I pieced
together from maps and day-hiking books. WARNING: I haven't tried them
out, so comments and corrections will be met with gratitude! I'll be
going in early September, so snow shouldn't be a problem.

>From Medford (north of Ashland on I-5), take OR238 Jacksonville Hwy
through Jacksonville, then southwest 7 miles to Ruch.

Fork left (south) on Upper Applegate Road. After nine miles, branch
left (east) onto unpaved FS 20, aka Beaver Creek Road. Drive 14.5
miles to Silver Fork Gap.

Go left/southeast/downhill on FS 2025, signed for Donomore Meadows.
Drive 4.1 miles to where PCT crosses at saddle. Walk right (south) on
PCT about a quarter mile to the register at the border.

If anyone can confirm the roads are okay for a little Toyota sedan,
I'd be grateful.    :)

--grrlpup