[pct-l] Another Reinhold question--a JMT question

Jo Pegrum Hazelett joph at piedmontbsa.org
Thu May 1 12:24:40 CDT 2008

Reinhold or ?????

After a weekend hike in the Ventana Wilderness requiring at least 50
river/creek crossings, I've been thinking about my scheduled JMT hike this
year-- specifically footwear for crossing creeks. Would you advise just
tramping through water in my regular trail running shoes or do you recommend
taking something to change into? I don't mind wet feet but I'm wondering
whether with the frigid temperatures of the water if I'd be more comfortable
changing out of my walking shoes for stream crossings? Also, since my trip
is early in the season (begins June30) --do your shoes even dry out? I've
always gone in August before and that's quite a different story.
Any insights would be appreciated!

Thanks
Jo