[pct-l] Returning to the PCT in September

Stanton Craig craigstanton at mac.com
Fri May 30 05:47:39 CDT 2008

It's possible that I will be able to get back to America in mid-September and I'd really like to show my girlfriend some of the highlights of what I got u to last year. What I need to know is when, on average, does the snow start falling in the sierras. My plan would be to do a 3-4 day walk, maybe Red's Meadow to Yosemite Valley, maybe through desolation wilderness, or anywhere else that has good hitching/parking access at each end. Can some knowledgeable person enlighten me on weather conditions in September. Is Yosemite usually clear of snow (and wonderfully sunny like in June last year) or do I need to look at lower elevations?

Cheers,
   Craig   (SunWalker/heaps  class of '07)