[pct-l] Heavy Hats

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Fri Nov 7 19:29:06 CST 2008

I sort of agree with Elevator.

If one is still backpacking when over 40, the person must have a
commitment as well as experience to somewhat understand the rigors of
the planned hike, whether thru or just long.

I think most of us have tried activities once or a few times before
determining that that activity was one that we did not enjoy enough to
continue or had other problems develop.
At 48, I tried scuba diving. Near the end of my learning course, I
developed ear problems which disrupted my training. By the time I was
ready to resume training I had decided that in scuba diving there is way
too much preparation and such for the time actually spent diving. So I
never resumed scuba. My choice. Others do the same preparation, etc. and
enjoy the sport. More power to them.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>