[pct-l] Halfmile's PCT maps

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Tue Nov 18 17:52:46 CST 2008

and don't forget http://pct2007.org/wp-map.php where you can get the entire trail in KML form (viewable in Google Earth and Nasa World Wind). Halfmile and I have discussed collaborating on some map work but I'm starting a new job and moving house so things are on hold. Does anyone here want something in particular from PCT maps? I like the idea of elevation profiles that actually related to each other. While Bearcant's were useful each one had a different scale so you couldn't hold two together and easily compare them.

~Craig
   (Heaps '07)

FYI - Halfmile's PCT maps, <http://www.pctmap.net/download/p/mapdl.html>, are now up through Section O
(Section A - O 'complete', though he will add elevation profiles and some minor formatting changes to A - K later)...
The sections completing CA and through Oregon Section C should be up within a few weeks...
Check out his home page for more details and other info...

Thanks, Halfmile!

Happy trails!!!
Jim "PITA"