[pct-l] Introductions and IPhone question

RJ Lewis karmagurl at bektel.com
Thu Nov 27 09:13:02 CST 2008

I personally have a Blackberry (8330 Curve) and absolutely love it.
Iphone, Blackberry, they all work great with somewhat better reception
than a standard cell phone in sketchy areas. Too, you can often send a
text message in places where you cannot reach someone by voice, so this
can be another option to send out messages.
  I live in North Dakota, where cell service is still non existent or
very sketchy in many places. My husband works in areas where this is
also true, so we often could only text back and forth this summer while
he was on the road during the week, but we managed to keep in touch,
even in areas considered NPZ's (no phone zones).
  Carry an extra data card and perhaps an extra battery you can recharge
in town for these lil buggers- they aren't nice to your batteries, and
your recharging equipment in your bounce bucket/box. Service varies
according to your carrier- none are going to have service at every place
along the route- this is high mountain country and quite remote in most
places.
  I haven't found the keyboard on mine difficult to use at all with a
bit of practice. It sure beats trying to use an Ipod!! I myself would
get quite annoyed trying to use an Ipod to journal.

Just my 2 cents.
Soul Sista