[pct-l] Fwd: BAD Weather...again...An UPdate...

taterno at cox.net taterno at cox.net
Fri Oct 10 12:54:52 CDT 2008

Georgi, R is huddled up in Shasta until the weather clears.  R resports that  Tweed and Rabbit are in Shasta, too.
Going bpacking myself north from Walker Pass.  Hope it isn't too windy!  Returning Monday evening.

Folks, continue to send Jellybean and I photos of your 2008 PCT hike.  We need lots more.  

The Incredible Bulk
---- Georgi Heitman <bobbnweav at gmail.com> wrote: 

It's 10:00 a.m. Friday and it began snowing here about an hour ago...'here'
is at an elevation.of 4550'.  So far it's just the 'dusting' that NOAA
predicted...guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Tom...do you know if R. got your message?  And do you know if she might
possibly be traveling with the three or four others that were close to her
somewhere around Etna?
Deems, Are We There Yet?  What's it like up in your necks of the woods?

Subject: BAD Weather...again
To: pct-l at backcountry.net

 A warning to those who will travel the high country, actually, even as low
as 4000' tonight, Friday and Friday night.  The forecast includes a storm
bring windy periods with gusts to 40 mph, light to moderate rain at times,
the possibility of snow to the 4000' level, and lowering temperatures.  It
was 26 degrees here at The Hideaway at Old Station this morning, and my
fingers haven't warmed up yet.  If there's anyone out there, not prepared to
stay warm and dry in wintry conditions, you might seek a place to hang out
for the next 24 hours or so.  No more sad stories, please...life is too
short as it is.............

More information about the Pct-L mailing list