[pct-l] Last hurrah for this year's section hiking

Postholer public at postholer.com
Wed Oct 22 11:43:49 CDT 2008

Sounds like a nice late season adventure!

Just a word of warning, high day time temps in the valley do not necessarily
translate into warm temps at high elevation, *especially* at night.

The cause of the warm up is a high pressure area. This means low humidity,
clear skies and very effective night time radiational cooling, which means
you can experience some seriously low temps way up high.

Here's a look at minimum temps:
http://postholer.com/postholer/index.php?sensor=TMIN

As Bill says, "Be preared".

-postholer

After an eight degree morning at Mammoth on 12 Oct, it looks like it will
be unseasonably warm two weeks later.... That gives me a chance to sew
up the gap in my sectioning of the High Sierra this weekend.