[pct-l] OT: Kung-Fu Mosquito

David dajada at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 11:07:47 CDT 2008

LOL!  I think the hike out of Tully Hole was the only time where tears
were shed on our JMT hike a few years ago.  We had used a little DEET,
(full strength stuff) earlier in the morning but it had probably been
sweated off by the time we started hiking out of the Hole,
(southbound)  We couldn't stop to put more DEET on and take a break
because the mosquito's were so ruthless and we were exhausted from
hiking up out of the hole and getting chewed up by skeeters.  It
didn't stop until we were almost to the pass.

We can laugh about it today.  It was four years ago ;-)