[pct-l] Resupply how?

Mann bmann1 at san.rr.com
Wed Sep 3 16:10:49 CDT 2008

Rosella-

I strongly suggest that you purchase a copy of Yogis' PCT handbook
(available at www.pcthanbook.com ).  She has all kinds of info about
resupplying, including the strategies and reasoning from several other
hikers.  Her town guide includes information on what types of food can be
purchased in each store near the trail.

Also, we host hikers in San Diego and drive them to the trailhead.  This
year we hosted over 100.  It's especially useful if you're unfamiliar with
the area.  The Belgian Waffles this year had to figure out how to purchase
gear in San Diego and get to the trailhead on their own, and it was a
challenge.  Please feel free to contact us off-line.

-Scout and Frodo (class of '07)