[pct-l] Night hiking and rodents in food, p.s.

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Fri Apr 3 03:05:15 CDT 2009

Only 7 or 8 people have been killed by mountain lions in California in the
last ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN YEARS of official record keeping... I wouldn't
worry too much about it. You're many, many, many times more likely to be
maimed or killed by any random dog walking down the street or trail... or by
an infected blister on your foot.

For the most part, the mountains are not something you have to arm yourself
against. I wonder how many mountain lions Billy Goat has been stalked by or
even glimpsed from a distance in his 32,000+ PCT miles?