[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 42

Peter Hanson xphanson at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 11:32:34 CDT 2009

I used this stove on my hike last year.  I had no problems with it and I'll keep using it.  My only complaints are: 1) while you place your pot directly on the stove, the small size of the stove means a lack of stability (you must use care); and 2) you do have to wait a short amount of time (about a minute)  for the stove to heat up before you place the pot on and start heating.  This means that you are wasting a small amount of fuel each time the stove is used.

Both problems above could be solved by using a separate pot support made out of chicken wire or something - I didn't bother.

There is a good review of this stove on YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYjn8Urk7YA

I have a question.  Last year I carried my alcohol in a 12 oz. aluminum that was red and labelled "Fuel".  Someone on the trail told me that it was not safe to carry alcohol in an aluminum bottle.  Has anyone heard of this?

Thanks,  Pete Hanson / Flop