[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 42

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Apr 10 16:00:42 CDT 2009

Good morning, Flop,

I haven’t used a Whitebox Stove – I resist paying over $20 for the
functional equivalent of what I can make for myself in 20 minutes out of two
cat food cans – but I do have a smaller open-top contact stove.  The
stability of it is really bad.  If you elect to use the Whitebox with a
separate pot support I suggest you measure the performance with, and
without, the support.  According to the Whitebox instructions it is made to
have the bottom of the pot in direct contact with its top to force the vapor
out the side holes, and it may be like my little contact stove which gets
really cranky and performs less well when the pot is on a stand up and away
from the stove.  Your results may vary, but I’m just klutzy enough to tip
the thing over without a pot support.

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

 http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

 http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09