[pct-l] Alcohol

Vincent Rupp vincent.rupp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 21:16:55 CDT 2009

My guess, from a purely chemical point of view, from someone with a degree
in math (not chemistry), is that it'll work very well but burn a touch less
controllably than pure ethanol. With something like a tuna can stove, I
imagine a larger flame-up, but less oxygen exposure might take care of that.
I'd be more careful with it on the trail too.

Man, I wish pure ethanol weren't so regulated. That'd be the perfect trail
companion - gatorade powder, stove fuel, and water. It'd put me right to
sleep all night regardless of wind!