[pct-l] Silverwood Lake Store

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 19 22:16:43 CDT 2009

If this is the portable one in the state park----- I would expect nothing more than would Hb found in 08.   There used to be a store in East of Lake Silverwood on 173 that has been closed the last few years but had running water two years ago when I checked.  There also is a gas station and a sushi bar in Summit Valley proper.  This would be on 138 half way between the lake and the hiway 15.  I used to live near there and this would be an OK place for resupply ...... IMO much better than either of the conventient stores in the cajon pass.  This is what the car campers and fisher folk use for supplies so expect them to cater to such crowds and not hikers. This would also just be less than a mile from the PCT near horse theif canyon but would have to be a guess as to which dirt road would be the right one.

SB