[pct-l] If you are in Europe...

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Tue Apr 21 14:27:12 CDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Josh <559josh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this for real???  The EU is going to say who can visit what website based
> on how much money an that person is willing to pay???  Something doesn't
> sound right about this.

Read the website.

This is being sold as a way to allow ISP to limit access to services
like bittorrent, the way we distribute the PCT Class DVDs, but the way
it is being done goes much farther.

"Under the proposed new rules, broadband providers will be legally
able to limit the number of websites you can look at, and to tell you
whether or not you are allowed to use particular services. It will be
dressed up as ‘new consumer options' which people can choose from.
People will be offered TV-like packages - with a limited
number of options for you to access."