[pct-l] Hunting near the PCT in northern California?

Mike Ronstadt threeeasysteps at live.com
Tue Aug 25 19:12:25 CDT 2009

That's horrible.

I was still on my A.T. thruhike the day after Thanksgiving.  I don't remember which section but it was like being in a war zone.  All the whistle blowing and 360 blaze orange didn't stop the bullets ricocheting around me.   I made it to the nearest shelter and stayed put.

Is there someplace online that lists hunting seasons along the PCT, even just northern California?  Should I just wear orange beginning in October?

summermike

We are handing out bright orange cloth strips to all the NOBO here in the North Cascades area. Hopefully they will tie them to their heads or top of packs.  Last year a gal on the PCT was shot and killed during hunting season. She wasn't a thru hiker but that doesn't make it any less tragic. We've got a couple months of bear, deer and elk season up here.

PCT MOM