[pct-l] Neo Air vs foam pads

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Mon Dec 21 16:33:16 CST 2009

> Does an air pad like the Neo Air make that big a difference for those who
have tried both?

> Absolutely!

Hmm, interesting.  I slept fairly well on my foam but come to think of it, I
do remember having nerves go numb on one of my hips and feeling numb part
way down that leg for most of the hike.  Never was sure if it was my pack on
my hips or my hips on the hard ground.  Lasted for months.

Well, I've reduced enough weight off everything else I could go with the
NeoAir and still have a 6lb base weight.  After hiking the next activity we
spend the most time doing on the trail is sleeping, so I suppose if it makes
that big a difference it would be well worth the weight & cash costs.

P178