[pct-l] How important is it to have a freestanding tent?

Christopher Swope sswwooppee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:20:02 CST 2009

So what I'm taking away from all this is that it's not at all necessary to
have a freestanding shelter, but it's conceivable that it could be desirable
in a some situations.

I just ordered the TarpTent Moment. I was thinking of just going with a tarp
for while, but I've decided that having a nice sized refuge from mosquitoes
can make or break the trip in terms of preserving my sanity.

Thanks!

Swope