[pct-l] Reynauds afflictions

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Tue Dec 22 19:06:43 CST 2009

For a guy that loves the snow, you'd think that Reynaud's Syndrome might keep me at bay. I have it, too; it seems to be a genetic thing as most of my family suffers to one degree or another from it.

If I expect to be exposed to the cold, I bundle up right away, before I ever even get a chill. I'll layer up with mittens, hat, and 4 or 5 clothing layers on the torso before leaving the tent to start the day. When I start boiling over, I layer down and, thereby, control my heat and sweating, both. Just because my fingers start turning white and go numb, doesn't keep me from enjoying the winter wonderland in the high sierra!

Mtnned