[pct-l] Hiking Partner

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 08:43:02 CST 2009

Hi Sarah,
I am a woman who's also going alone next year.  I did the AT alone (at least
to start) a couple of years ago.  I think the best way is to just go and see
who you hook up with.  I don't want to do it alone, but I want to find a
partner because we hike similarly and enjoy sharing time together not
because we have to.  You have to hike your own hike.   And be free to make
changes along the way.

I'm planning on starting around the Kickoff so I'll be "in the wave" to
increase my chances of meeting a hiking partner.  One thing you'll learn out
there is to "trust that the trail will take care of you and provide you with
everything you need, when you need it"  including a hiking partner.

Hope to meet you out there!

Bag Lady

--
- Kathryn