[pct-l] do gooders

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Dec 31 09:13:50 CST 2009

By the way, Bob. Most of these so-called do-gooders you disparage are
not doing it because they think we are fragile flowers. I think a lot
of them do it because it's their way of being a part of our amazing
journeys.

I found that for everything I complained about or mocked or
disparaged in any way, my feelings had to change about it somewhere
along the line. You won't be able to stand on principle for
everything, and I think it's best you don't make a big fuss about any
of your special personal rules. You're going to break one of them
eventually, I guarantee it.

Also, all of us hiking the trail have plenty of opportunities to
provide trail magic to each other. Having access to a car hardly
makes you unique or better able to help others on the trail.

Diane