[pct-l] Cooking in Ziploc bags

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 31 18:24:12 CST 2009

You aren't actually boiling the bag. You add hot water to the bag. And for freezerbag style cooking the water doesn't have to be boiling, only very hot (enough to rehydrate food). OR you can use cold water. It takes longer to rehydrate your food, but it works.

Consider all the plastic you come in contact with every day... Microwaving in tupperware for example.

Alas. Nothing is safe anymore.

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra