[pct-l] All these creek crossing suggestions

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 3 00:45:43 CST 2009

I agree for the most part.  I don't like my pack slumping my shoulders down
esspecially if I am using my poles.  But it all depends on how much weight
is left in my pack, if Ineed to do some moves to get down off a bank or an
obstrustion etc..  IfIneed tobe able to flex and bend, crouch down etc I'd
loosen a little like when crossing tallus or climbing.  But for the most
part, in knee deep fast water I'd probably have things baout like hiking
mode as I don't like things too shifty, and I cut those stupid sternum
restrictors off years ago.