[pct-l] Verizon coverage on trail/towns/etc

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:24:38 CST 2009

Ralph wrote: "I'm a verizon user, and my experience on the trail is that I
do not get reception as well as ATT users."

I suspect there's a little "grass is greener on the other side of the fence"
aspect at work here.   As an ATT user last year, I was pretty conscious of
places where Verizon worked better.   My suggestion would be to use either
of those two carriers based on whatever other dynamics drive such a
decision, such as phone offerings from each, contractual details, maybe what
friends or family have, etc.

Then hope that people you walk long stretches with have the other service!
:-)

Caveat: as Halfmile's cell phone reception info gets more and more complete,
perhaps at some point a person could do a really detailed analysis to decide
that one was in fact clearly better than another.  I've not seen data
complete enough to make that call.    I do suggest and encourage people to
take clear and careful notes of places they do or don't have coverage and
email those to Halfmile at halfmile at pctmap.net

halfmile at pctmap.net <%20halfmile at pctmap.net%20>

Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
http://postholer.com/brianle