[pct-l] A16

Brian Lewis brianle8 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:28:01 CST 2009

Diane wrote: "No, the A16 has a metal hoop like they put in car window
shades that pops open to a freestanding thing."

Got it --- I looked at the picture (for example, at
http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm/ADV1000) and it
looked like it was hanging, but indeed it does mention a fiberglass frame.

Makes sense; this would clearly be faster to set up and put away, and 2 oz
lighter than what I carry.  I'm not inclined to nap, and even in the
buggiest times I seem to find a place with few bugs around lunch time, so
I'm still happy with my MLD unit, but ... your system makes a lot of sense
too.  Thanks for clarifying!

           Brian Lewis / Gadget '08
           http://postholer.com/brianle