[pct-l] Tents....I know, I know, beating a dead horse

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 14 20:29:50 CST 2009

"Every time I reached a water source in So Cal I still had at least 2
liters of water in my pack. Sometimes twice that. In more watery
locations, I often carried more than I needed. Water is an insecurity
I have and if I can reduce it, I can carry a lighter pack and a
luxury 6oz bug bivy or even a 3lb tent, (but I can't see why I would
do that if a 1lb tent will do)."

That reminds me of the grumbling I got when I told a friend, "Look, if you
are going to haul around two Nalgenes of water, at least drink it."