[pct-l] Map and Guide feedback request.

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 20:44:34 CST 2009

I haven't purchased any guide literature or maps yet for the long section I am planning.  VVR to Timberline OR.
I read a couple reviews on the basic Pacific Crest Trail books and all suggest rather dated material.  Also don't see the new PCT maps covering N.Cal that I would like to have.  I know nothing of Yogi's book, but am under the impression it is more orientated towards towns and services available along the way.  I'd like to know what others think so Idon't have tobuy a bunch of stuff and pick through it if it can be avoided.  I have Jardine's book from back in the day which I have been using to set basic itenerary for myself and pick my resupplies.  I'm familliar with the Sierra through to Sonora Pass, and those sections I have not hiked I have maps for.  It's from there north I'd like to read up on and I understand there are some dry stretches besides Hat Creek Rim I need to be prepared for.
So I'd just like hear some feedback from those familliar with what's out there.
Resupply points I have been to or used are VVR, Tuolumne, Sierra City, Old Station, Burney Falls store.
Thanks,
Stephen