[pct-l] Trail reports about downed trees

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Tue Feb 17 09:01:58 CST 2009

Be glad you're not in OR or WA. Last summer I  reported to the PCTA over 200
trees down in parts of OR, including a 100-200  tree pile that totally
obscured some switchbacks going down to Sisters Mirror  Lake. I doubt its all been
cleared.
    Last Spring, the Communicator reported  over 400 trees down just around
Glacier Peak in WA. I still can't  decide which of the 3 routes to take around
Glacier Peak. The PCTA site  doesn't have much info on the Glacier Peak
progress, or even the basic info  covered in the article. For instance, was the
Suiattle River bridge rebuild  started in 08, possibly per the article; will it be
started in 09,  definitely per the article; or has it fallen victim to the
recession/depression  or other artifacts of the federal government?

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen
Naturalized Citizen - Republic of  Texas

Government cripples you, then hands you a crutch and says, 'See, if  it
wasn't for us, you couldn't walk.'
-- Harry Browne

"If you think  health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs
when its free."
-- P. J. ORourke

In a message dated 2/15/2009 10:47:24 A.M. Central Standard Time,