[pct-l] Buy as you go

Rick Ostheimer rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 17 16:27:29 CST 2009

The bus from Red's Meadow to the ski lodge was running when I arrived on June 16, 2008, BUT the "Bike Bus" shuttle into town was not running and the hitch can be very difficult, particularly if you're on the last shuttle and night is falling as it was when I got there.  (I left out of KM on June 3 as 08 was fairly low snow.)  I think it starts up around July 1.  Otherwise, Mammoth is a great town stop: good resupply, library, Motel 6 gave senior discount, etc.   --Handlebar

"There's a bus that runs quite often to a ski lodge where you take the free "Bike Bus" into town to the Free Trolley stop.  That Trolley goes to Vons, the Outfitter (a good one), the Post Office, motels, restaurants, a movie theater.   There's a town map that has the trolley routes on it."