[pct-l] The peanut butter & tortilla diet

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Sat Feb 21 00:42:13 CST 2009

Hello from a longtime list lurker.

My memory is a bit hazy on this, but the whole
peanut-butter-and-tortilla thread was an offshoot of a "what's the
maximum number of calories you can pack into a Garcia bearcan"
thread. I seem to recall the fabled Tom Reynolds may have had a major
hand in this discussion.

In a nutshell (no pun intended) the idea was to pack peanut butter in
half-inch layers into the can, separated by tortillas. So each day
you'd just "excavate" another layer between tortillas... What an
image. What a mess.

I've since determined that the maximum calories per-square-inch in a
bear can is actually straight MACADAMIA NUT butter. Eat it with your
titanium spork, straight out of the can and save on fuel/stove weight!

I just know once I'm going to post this that I'm going to hear from
the "keg of olive oil" lobbyists.

Bon appetit,

DP