[pct-l] Oregon, My Oregon...or whatever our song is

Scott thehairlesscat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:18:35 CST 2009

I have to protest. As a lifelong resident of that state sandwiched between
WA an CA, it's

Or - eh - gun

With a short e, like in net. I can't think of any natives I know that say it
with a long e. Maybe on the other side of the state...

--

As a Californian who used to live in Oregon, I can tell you that it doesn't
matter how you pronounce the name because if you walk at thru-hiker speed, a

-Scott
-Trailcat if this message is hiker related.

Disclaimer: Trailcat should be taken to imply no actual cat-like ability
including but not limited to the ability to land upright or show any kind of
grace in motion whatsoever.  Scott should be taken to be my name and no
ability to play the bagpipes should be inferred.