[pct-l] Trekking poles

Michael Chamoun nano.michael at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 10:54:26 CST 2009

Not only the joints in the lower extremity but the lower back (lumbar spine)
as well.  Hiking up hill and on flats with poles will have minimal
beneficial affects on impact, but where you get your money's worth is on
downhill/sketchy terrain/fords and using them as tarp poles.  You do use
more oxygen when using poles as well, thus increasing calorie loss.  Some
things to think about.

Nano