[pct-l] pills for first aid kit

greg jacobs pcthiker08 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:24:44 CST 2009

and another point to add

i was stung by a yellow jacked in Crater lake and quickly had a systemic
reaction, hives, severe itching and swollen feet, i made it to the ranger
station where i recieved some first aid and was promply put in and ambulance
and sent to the hospital in klamath falls, i now carry an epi pen, oral
steroids, benadryl and pepcid, the point for everyone here is to know that
pepcid  works to keep sweeling down in the throat and mouth, at the hospital
i was given a big injection of it as a precaution, the ER doctor told me to
keep some with me when im out and along with the pen and steroids, i usually
carry 2 pens since they are short lived or if i ever where to come across
someone on the trail having a serious reaction to a sting, as with others i
had no i dea i was allergic until i got stung