[pct-l] just think. just water.

Shelly Leavens shellyleaves at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 20:27:50 CST 2009

on the topic of TP.
I used it for the first week and then, my wonderful friend fire tounge
introduced me to the *backcountry bidet*. Besides the lovely concept of not
using ANY paper other than my journal on the trail, being toilet-paper free
is especially important in the over-populated and arid desert, where not
only are you more likely to come across established sites, but the TP is not
going to decompose for a long time. Guarantee some little animal is going to
dig it up and then..we get to look at it! All you have to do is plan for a
little more water and splish splash. The most important key is to sanitize
like you've never sanitized. just go crazy. Its liberating on more than one
level and I recommend that even if you are instantly repulsed, just think of
all the benefits, try it, and you will be converted. i swear.
love, gd

--
To know someone here or there with whom you can feel there is understanding,
in spite of distances or thoughts expressed, can make of this earth a