[pct-l] Rattlesnake training

Andrew Jones a.freddy.j at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:13:17 CST 2009

Yes, to the best of my knowledge, dogs are allowed in SoCal, except in the
state parks (San Jacinto Park and State Wilderness and Anza-Borrego SP). San
Jacinto can be bypassed by taking the Devil's Slide Trail to Idyllwild, then
north out of town on Hwy 243 to Black Mtn Road to the PCT, about 15 miles.
Anza Borrego is not so easy, and having someone come and pick up your dog
for the day might be a better option (there are two separate areas where the
trail passes through the park, so maybe two days).

The biggest concerns for dogs in SoCal are heat, water, abrasive terrain,
snakes, and an altogether inhospitable environment. If you're prepared for
these issues, you can probably take your dog without any issue. If not, you
may have problems.

Andy