[pct-l] speaking of jerky

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Mar 14 17:49:23 CDT 2009

Here's an unexpected source of economical jerky for you.
If you are a Costco member, they sell jerky that is intended for
consumption by dogs, as a treat.
"Jerky Tenders" is made from chicken, with nothing added.  It just
tastes like chicken.  It isn't salty or sweet.  Just chicken.  We tried
it because we are cheap and found we like the taste and the price.  We
have been eating it for years, haven't died or started barking yet.
Recently Costco also sold a jerky for dogs made from 100% duck breast
meat.  This stuff is really good.  Delicious.
It is also a great alternative for us because we don't eat beef or pork,
so beef jerky is out, and we find the turkey jerky on the market is too
sweet, and the salmon jerky has too much pepper.  Also the price is out
of this world.
Forget about the dogs.  We love this stuff and you can't beat the price.
Marion